- No need to book. Just turn up to Perth Motorplex between 5pm and, ideally, 7pm. Competitor Entry closes at 8pm
- At Perth Motorplex, go straight to Competitor Entry and purchase an entry form. At this time, you may choose to purchase an extra driver or passenger pass.
- After purchasing an entry form, drive or ride around the green scrutineering building and line-up to be scrutineered.
- Once your car or bike has been scrutineered, park your vehicle in pit area, then GO BACK to scrutineering with photo-identification and see the lovely officials at indemnities to sign-in.
- At the indemnities sign in, you will receive an armband. Anyone who is in the car on the race track will need the appropriate armband.
Once your paperwork is completed, you should have a Race Number on your vehicle and you armband on you wrist. You can now head to the Staging Lanes and line up in the lane number on the top of your windscreen. All Bikes line up on the far left of the staging lanes in lane 1. Before coming to the track remember to bring these items; Driver:
- HELMET: AS/NZS1698 (or equivalent) as minimum (NB: AS1698 no longer accepted as of 2013)
- Long sleeve shirt
- Long pants (No holes – including designer jeans)
- Shoes and Socks
- HELMET: AS/NZS1698 Full Face (or equivalent) as minimum (NB: AS1698 no longer accepted as of 2013)
- Leather or Purpose Riding jacket
- Long pants and boots that cover ankles
Make sure you check out this 3-minute video that explains all… WATCH: HOW TO RACE YOUR CAR AT WHOOPASS WEDNESDAY
- Sometimes, certain cars are bikes are seriously cool.
- To keep things interesting
- To give people (who may have never gone down the drag strip) a chance to try out the drag strip for a smaller than usual fee
- To encourage new people to come down and give it a go.
Whilst we have theme nights for some cars or bikes, there is still plenty of time for everyone else to get numerous runs down the drag strip each Wednesday Night between September and May.