Formula Tech Performance Whoop Ass Wednesday welcomes the sixth Hour of Power for the 2019/20 Perth Motorplex season.
Off street drag racing from 6:00pm and the Hour of Power mini burnout comp with $500 in Prize Money from 9:00pm.
Reserve your burnout spot by calling Perth Motorplex on 9419 6622 during office hours.
The sixth of our Hour of Powers for the 2019/20 Formula Tech Performance Whoop Ass Wednesday mini Burnout Comp for the season is here. Be sure to get down to Perth Motorplex for some tyre shredding action.
This is all you need to do …
- No need to book. Just turn up to Perth Motorplex between 5pm and, ideally, 7pm. Competitor Entry closes at 8pm
- At Perth Motorplex, go straight to Competitor Entry and purchase an entry form. At this time, you may choose to purchase an extra driver or passenger pass.
- After purchasing an entry form, drive or ride around the green scrutineering building and line-up to be scrutineered.
- Once your car or bike has been scrutineered, park your vehicle in pit area, then GO BACK to scrutineering with photo-identification and see the lovely officials at indemnities to sign-in.
- At the indemnities sign in, you will receive an armband. Anyone who is in the car on the race track will need the appropriate armband.
Once your paperwork is completed, you should have a Race Number on your vehicle and you armband on you wrist. You can now head to the Staging Lanes and line up in the lane number on the top of your windscreen. All Bikes line up on the far left of the staging lanes in lane 1.
Before coming to the track remember to bring these items;
- HELMET: AS/NZS1698 (or equivalent) as minimum (NB: AS1698 no longer accepted as of 2013)
- Long sleeve shirt
- Long pants (No holes – including designer jeans)
- Shoes and Socks
- HELMET: AS/NZS1698 Full Face (or equivalent) as minimum (NB: AS1698 no longer accepted as of 2013)
- Leather or Purpose Riding jacket
- Long pants and boots that cover ankles
Since 2015, Perth Motorplex has often hosted special theme nights for particular cars or bikes.
Q: Are these WhoopAss Wednesdays still open to other competitors?
A: Absolutely. In fact, some of our theme nights are so obscure, only around 10 or 15 cars turn up. The other 150 or so are normal competitors.
Q: Why do we host theme nights?
A: Several reasons:
- Sometimes, certain cars are bikes are seriously cool.
- To keep things interesting
- To give people (who may have never gone down the drag strip) a chance to try out the drag strip for a smaller than usual fee
- To encourage new people to come down and give it a go.
Whilst we have theme nights for some cars or bikes, there is still plenty of time for everyone else to get numerous runs down the drag strip each Wednesday Night between September and May.
Perth Motorplex office 10am to 4pm during the week prior to the Wednesday you want to skid: (08) 9419 6622.
You can only book during the week prior to the event – so get in early each Thursday to ensure your place on the ‘Snakepit’.
Most Wednesday nights are limited to Ten burnout cars unless it’s advertised as an “Hour of Power” where up to twenty Burnout cars will pound the ground from 9:00pm till approx. 10:00pm to close off the night.
On normal nights the winner as judged by crowd response will receive a Sick Skid Plate and Free Entry to another Formula Tech Performance Whoop Ass Wednesday event during the season.
However on the Hour of Power Nights the burnouts are judged by selected Motorplex Officials.