EMERGENCY RESPONSE SAFETY TRAINING SEMINAR
Emergency Response Safety training commenced on Sunday, 10th of September with our Fire Crew who undertook extensive training for both Speedway and Drag Racing at the Perth Motorplex.
Perth Motorplex holds Safety in the highest regard so with this in mind, Objectives and Achievements obtained from Emergency Response Safety training were as follows;
- To make aware of crew duties and responsibilities.
- To ensure that crew possess the skill of Fire & Rescue and to perform with Competency.
- To promote and secure health, safety and welfare of Crew.
- To assist in securing a safe work environment.
- To reduce, eliminate and control hazards to which the Crew are exposed at work.
- To promote education awareness on matters relating to Fire & Rescue.
The Emergency Response team members conducted the ‘hands on’ practice using a variety of functions with several jaws of live and spreaders. The crew performed several scenarios extracting smashed vehicles and all carry out competently also the use of the Robinson tool – known as the Hoolingan tool and Glascutter for cutting windscreens. The Emergency Response Team members and Track Safety personnel’s (Speedway and Drags) conducted several fire simulations using state of the art training equipment, with several vehicles fire scenarios.
Perth Motorplex would like to thank all our Attendees, Trainers and Team members who have all performed competently & ready to conduct the 2017-2018 Perth Motorplex season.