Good news for Speedway fans!
Rico Abreu has confirmed his entry into the 2023-2024 edition of USA v WA Sprintcar Speedweek.
This will be the first time the The 31 year old Californian will race on the West Coast of Australia, and his first journey to Australian shores since winning the 2017 Australian Speedcar Championship at Archerfield Speedway in Brisbane, Queensland.
Rico brings an impressive set of credentials with him, setting him up as a serious favorite to threaten the Speedweek title:
- Back to back Chili Bowl Champion – 2015 & 2016
- Australian Speedcar Champion – 2017
- Back to back Ironman 55 Winner at Federated Auto Parts i-55 Raceway – 2016 & 2017
- 5x Feature Race Wins in the NOS Energy Drink World of Outlaws 2023 Season (so far!)
Its evident that Rico loves a good high-banked speedway, which will suit him nicely when it comes to dancing around the Motorplex! Rico will contest all 6 rounds of USA v WA Sprintcar Speedweek with his very own #24 Sprintcar and equipment, unfortunately his fan-favourite dog ‘Gus’ wont be making the trip with him down-under.
“I’m extremely excited for the opportunity to come race in Perth. I’m so excited to see all our Australian fans!! I hope everyone is ready to have some fun and look forward to putting the # 24 in victory lane!” – Rico Abreu
USA v WA Sprintcar Speedweek will run across 6 rounds between Perth Motorplex and Bunbury Speedway, with tickets due to go on sale soon!
- Round 1 – December 26, 2023 – Boxing Night – Perth Motorplex
- Round 2 – December 28, 2023 – Merger Contracting Sprintcar Muster – Perth Motorplex
- Round 3 – January 1, 2024 – USA v WA Sprintcar Speedweek – Bunbury Speedway
- Round 4 – January 2, 2024 – Totally Workwear New Year Derby – Perth Motorplex
- Round 5 – January 6. 2024 – Maddington Toyota Summer Slam – Bunbury Speedway
- Round 6 – January 13, 2024 – USA v WA Speedweek Finale + Late Model Nationals – Perth Motorplex
There has never been a better time to grab yourself a Perth Motorplex Speedway Season membership!
Get yours HERE.