Perth is blessed to have one of the world’s great drag racing venues in its own backyard. This Saturday’s epic Summer Slam plus the WA Drag Racing Championships sees the ultimate in high horsepower entertainment ready to rock the Motorplex!
Here are our 25 reasons why you need to be at Perth Motorplex this Saturday.
- Perth Motorplex is one of the most comfortable venues for spectators in the world. Whether you want to roll out a blanket on the manicured grass terraces or take a seat in the gold section, there are options for everyone, with food and toilet facilities a close walk away for every seat in the house.
- Only $25 to get in! Yes that’s right, there is silver admission tickets available for just $25 this Saturday. That includes entry into the pits!
- Ten Top Doorslammers are ready to battle for the opening round of the Summer Slam! Can the likes of Marty Dack, Mark Chapman, Pino Priolo, the Moresby brothers, Steve Aldridge and Matt Abel take on the might of Zappia, Lyle and Gregorini?
- John Zappia vs Daniel Gregorini: it’s the rivalry everyone is talking about! Will Zappia show why he is king or will Gregorini prove the next generation is here? Be there and find out with the wild 5.6 second racing.
- Kelvin Lyle is the dark horse, or should that be dark horsepower, following a mind bending 260mph+ run recently at the Motorplex. Watch this Ford Mustang lay some top-end smack down!
- Mark Chapman’s stunning Plymouth Fury has been made all the more stunning thanks to the team’s ambassador Michelle Dolan, who recently took out the Mrs Galaxy Australia pageant. She’ll provide some added glamour to the golden Plymouth!
- Nitro Bikes are back delivering 300kmh thrills on two wheels, the wildest rides in drag racing.
- Andrew Katavatis and the Beach Bomb are ready to tear up the track and are focused on knocking out some mid five second runs in their Nitro Camaro.
- Matt Abel is back after his crazy Nitro Funny Car explosion last season. He’s driving the Nitro Thunder Trans Am.
- Brodie Pilkington will be making laps in a Nitro Funny Car for the first time – can the former Top Alcohol Funny Car driver make the switch?
- Connor Begley’s sweeeeet Holden HQ one tonner is ready to go in Outlaw Radial, with supercharged LS engine power pushing for some eight second laps.
- Connor McClure’s controversial Barra-powered Holden Torana will hit the track for the first time. After just missing the opening of the season he will be more than ready to make some quick turbocharged runs.
- Speaking of Barras, see Errol Quartermaine in one of Australia’s quickest Barra-powered drag cars in Super Comp!
- The banging rotaries of Todd Stacy and Brett Glover have a startline show like no other, keep an eye out for the two step flames that sound like a machine gun going off.
- The Hudson family and Supercharged Outlaws just go together so well! Tim Hudson’s classic Olds Starfire Funny Car is going to deliver big burnouts, as is tradition.
- With 33 entries in Super Street, this sportsman field is going to be super tough. Young rookies, ruthless veterans – who will be going home with the trophy and the prizemoney?
- Daniel Natalotto’s D/MB is shooting for more track records – you won’t believe how quick Natalotto will go with just 599cc underneath!
- There’s a 30 degree forecast right now, meaning absolutely perfect conditions for drag racing. Look out for records!
- At Perth Motorplex you can pre-purchase tickets and skip the queue, make your race day as smooth as possible!
- Enjoy our many catering options or bring your own – a night out at the Motorplex is great for families. Just remember, no glass.
- At only half an hour from the Perth central business district, Perth Motorplex has one of the best locations in the world. No matter where you live, it doesn’t take long to get to this amazing venue.
- There will be giveaways along the spectator fence for the kids, keep watch for the Perth Motorplex commentary team!
- See the action replays on one of the biggest screens at any drag strip in the world, or even yourself with our fun dance cams and more.
- The pits are open and accessible, making it easy to meet your favourite teams. Take the time to see the race cars and bikes up close, get autographs and experience the horsepower.
- We’re going to mention it again – only $25 to get in! Make the Summer Slam and WA Drag Racing Championships on Saturday, November 30 at Perth Motorplex your motorsport night out!
For more information or to grab your tickets online (no extra booking fee) head over TO THE WEBSITE HERE