“The Big Cat” Brad Sweet is booked and locked in to race with the best during the USA v WA Sprintcar Speedweek from December 26 onwards. The 37 year old Californian has confirmed his drive with the Landrigan Racing Team, piloting the NAPA Auto parts #49 machine.
Its an incredible opportunity for West Aussie speedway fans to witness the current and four-time World of Outlaws Sprint Cars champion racing with our best, as part of the strongest field of USA contenders we have seen in the last decade here in the West. Sweet will contest 5 nights of Speedweek, starting on Thursday December 28 for the Merger Contracting Sprintcar Muster.
Sweet brings an incredible resume down under, boasting some of the greatest accolades a Sprint car racer can acquire:
- 2x Kings Royal Winner (2013, 2019)
- 2x USAC 4-Crown Nationals Winner (2008 Wingless, 2009 Speedcars)
- 2018 Knoxville Nationals Champion
- 2019 World of Outlaws NOS Energy Drink Sprint Car Series Champion
- 2020 World of Outlaws NOS Energy Drink Sprint Car Series Champion
- 2021 World of Outlaws NOS Energy Drink Sprint Car Series Champion
- 2022 World of Outlaws NOS Energy Drink Sprint Car Series Champion
Sweet’s current season has been stellar so far in “The drive for Five” in the WoO Series as he has recorded 10x wins, 39x Top 5’s and 57x Top 10’s out of his 63x event starts, handing him a 90 point lead over David Gravel as the series winds down into the final 10 rounds, concluding at “The Dirt Track at Charlottle for the WoO World Finals in early November.
“The Big Cat” is also no stranger to Australian shores or the Landrigan Racing Team, after a short campaign at the 2023 edition of the Grand Annual Sprintcar Classic – which saw Sweet conclude the A main in 12th position at Premier Speedway, Warrnambool.
“We are so pumped to have Brad joining us again this year. We have a little bit of unfinished business after the classic last year, and we cant wait to get out there and put on a show for the fans. Thanks to NAPA Auto Parts for helping to make this happen once again” – Tim Landrigan, Car owner – Landrigan Racing Team #49
USA v WA Sprintcar Speedweek will run across 6 rounds between Perth Motorplex and Bunbury Speedway, with tickets due to go on sale soon!
- Round 1 – December 26, 2023 – Boxing Night – Perth Motorplex
- Round 2 – December 28, 2023 – Merger Contracting Sprintcar Muster – Perth Motorplex
- Round 3 – January 1, 2024 – USA v WA Sprintcar Speedweek – Bunbury Speedway
- Round 4 – January 2, 2024 – Totally Workwear New Year Derby – Perth Motorplex
- Round 5 – January 6. 2024 – Maddington Toyota Summer Slam – Bunbury Speedway
- Round 6 – January 13, 2024 – USA v WA Speedweek Finale + Late Model Nationals – Perth Motorplex
There has never been a better time to take advantage of a Perth Motorplex Speedway Season membership!
One of our biggest season awaits! – Get yours HERE.